Be a part of a growing company
We are experiencing incredible growth in the U.S. and are looking for great people to add to our team. If you have prior experience in the water treatment industry and value placing the client’s interests above all, we want to talk to you.
Regional Manager, Bay Area, Texas, Florida
Our purpose at Capture H2O is to utilize innovation to conserve resources and save our customers money in their cooling systems. Our goal is to save 1 billion gallons of water a year by 2030.
Are you looking to do meaningful and interesting work in the water treatment space and help conserve resources? Capture H2O is the place for you.
We are currently hiring for this position in the Bay Area California, Texas, and Florida.
Regional Manager Job Description
Job Title: Regional Manager Department: Sales & Service
Reports to: Director of Service, Director of Sales
Revision Date: July 2021
FLSA Status: Position Status:
__x__ Exempt ____ Non-Exempt ____ Part-Time __X__ Full-Time ____ Temp
Reporting to the Director of Service and Director of Sales, the Regional Manager contributes to Capture H2O’s mission of helping clients achieve their sustainability goals by leading the sales efforts to procure new business, providing water treatment service for customers, and ultimately leading a team in their specific region.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop a network of local design engineering firms, mechanical contractors, and real estate portfolios (industrial and commercial office) to generate leads.
- Make sales calls and close new business.
- Manage key account relationships and portfolio roll outs
- Participate in local networking groups like USGBC, BOMA, IFMA and like to develop sales opportunities
- Perform water treatment surveys on prospective sites.
- Model water treatment programs and develop a proposal (supported by Capture H2O infrastructure).
- Design water treatment systems specific to the site with limited assistance from the team.
- Work with Engineering to install systems in adherence with Capture H2O’s best practices.
- Service is a very important part of this job. If you expect or desire for service to be a small portion of your job, do not apply.
- We need highly competent individuals with significant mechanical aptitude. Much of this job *is troubleshooting equipment failures and remedying those failures with limited support from
Capture H2O employees.
- Lead and manage the customer relationship including an annual review.
- Perform routine client water treatment service visits based on schedule and established protocol.
- Run wet chemistry tests, analyze, take corrective actions, make adjustments, communicate the results and recommendations to the client verbally and formally via electronic service report.
- Document service visit in report by the end of the day of site visit via Aliquot App.
- Maintain water treatment equipment including softeners, controllers, pumps, tubing, chemical inventory, test kits and reagents. This includes rebuilding and repairing equipment if able during service or working with the Office Manager to generate a quote for repair/replacement items. Being able to achieve this with limited interaction and support from the rest of the team is key.
- Remotely monitor Capture H2O water treatment controllers and respond to alarms within 24 hours.
- Maintain an updated distribution list for service reports along with WebAdvantage reports and alarms.
- Provide customer training using the Capture H2O operator training programs.
- Provide program administration manuals and operator log sheets to new clients. Keep existing clients manuals updated.
- Follow safety procedures and always use the appropriate PPE.
- Participate in the training of new service technicians.
- Maintain relationships with building, chief and regional engineers.
- Execute service plan at each location. Example: pulling coupons, checking bacteria, sending third party lab samples, inspecting equipment and training as per the customer agreed upon frequency.
- Ultimately, when the territory reaches a certain density, the Regional Manager will recruit and hire Service Reps to assist with service.
- Lead, manage, and hold the team accountable.
- At least 3 years of direct cooling water treatment experience.
- Thorough knowledge of cooling water treatment and cooling equipment.
- Hands on mechanical aptitude.
- Core values fit.
- Ability to sell (no prior selling experience necessary).
- Leadership potential (no prior management experience necessary).
- Committed and available (respond on nights and weekends if necessary).
- Highly motivated self starter, ability to be productive while working remotely.
- Existing relationships with targets (bottling, manufacturing, data centers, large office portfolios, large retail portfolios)
- Existing relationships with engineering firms & mechanical contractors
- Sales experience, preferably in water treatment
- Prior Employers: Nalco, GE Water, ChemTreat
- Understanding of how to calibrate and maintain testing equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret all the above water tests with regards to managing the water treatment program.
- Ability to make the appropriate adjustments and recommendations to correct water treatment deficiencies.
- Full understanding of how to set up, monitor, test, adjust a high cycle soft cooling water treatment program.
- Full understanding of how to set up, monitor, test, adjust and control a liquid and solid water treatment program for cooling towers and closed loops.
- Capable of describing the basic components of an HVAC cooling system, open and closed loops (including both chilled and heating hot water).
- Capable of identifying and describing the basic components of a steam boiler and condensate systems.
- Capable of identifying types of cooling tower and the water paths.
- Basic plumbing and electrical knowledge.
- Proficient in G-Suite, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with SalesForce and CRM database systems, and time tracking applications.
- Ability to use Tablets and Phones for job functions (paperless systems)
- Must be able to travel domestically.
- Ability to stand on their feet for 8 hours a day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours and respond to alarms at client locations within 24 hours.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year